ou don't have to just buy your cards from the store. Whether it's for an invitation, a wedding, the announcement of a new baby's arrival or a birthday, more and more people are deciding to make their own
ou can unleash your creative spirit with the use of some simple scrapbooking techniques and a few basic tools...
Materials needed for DIY invitation cards
- Sheets of stiff card for the base : cut using a paper guillotine (some guillotines also have a pre-folding setting, and the ability to cut wavy borders)
- Sheets in different colors and materials
For a more sophisticated look, the recommended material comes from scrapbooking
- paper craft punches (teddy bear, star, heart) for the corners of the card
- paper shapers, (wave pattern, etc...
- repositionable adhesive spray (great for the first few tries)
- ribbon for tying : raffia, scoubidous...
- rubber stamps and themed stickers round things off.