For the angel:
- a a wooden spoon
12 inches long
- thick white felt (to give added stiffness to the dress), yellow felt and a little red felt
- 'Capelli di angelo', literally 'angel hair' pasta (very appropriate here!)
- golden embroidering thread
- thin brass wire
For Father Christmas:
- a 12 inch long wooden spatula with an angled blade (longer on one side than the other),
- air-hardening modeling clay (or salt dough)
For the two characters you need: a little paint and a thin-tipped black marker pen suitable for use on painted wood.
Start by painting the upper part of the two spoons a light pink shade (you may need to apply two coats). While the paint dries, start to cut the shapes from the felt...